It's dawned to me recently that my girls are going to teenagers one day. I am
- Holding hands when going for walks.
- School runs.
- Goodnight Kiss.
- Bedtime stories.
- Running up to me to give me a big cuddles/kiss.
- Bath times.
- Family days out.
- Their crying sounds.
- Shopping for new clothes for them.
- Parents evening.
- School shows.
- Just sitting, watching them play.
- Watching kids tv shows and films.
- Early bedtimes.
- Their early wake up calls in the morning.
- The word 'Mammy'
- The randoms 'I love you'.
- Their little feet and hands.
- The cheeky little grins.
Shockingly I think I will miss their bickering.
There are so many things I will miss when they are older. I am dreading that first day at secondary school and the day they decide to move out. I honestly don't know how I will cope! The next stage for me I think, is the first day Mia is old enough to walk to school. I am not going to let her do that until she does reach high school. There are three roads to cross, 2 of them are main roads, to go to school. So I would rather safety first.
Do you ever think of your child's future? What things will you miss?
I'm linking up with: