5 Reason Why You Shouldn't Blog
Thursday, 27 August 2015
Many people have come up to me or messaged me asking me how to start a blog. Don't get me wrong, it's really easy to start one up but to actually blog and be a blogger is much more. Before even starting a blog, there are many things you need to think about and these are 5 reasons why you shouldn't blog -
1. YOU WANT THE 'FREE THINGS' - God knows how many people have asked me how do I get 'free things' with my blog. Of course I feel greatful that I get these 'free things' through my blog but it's not as easy as you think. You need time to review the product, take photos of the product, time to write your honest opinion about the product and promote your review through social media once you finished. If you do get to the stage where you have the opportunity to review a product, you will understand that in the end it is part of being a blogger.
2. NO TIME - You need time. A lot of time to blog. I'm not talking an hour a day or a couple of hours a week either. On average, I blog about 20-30 hours a week on my blog. Sometimes writing a post can take you up to an hour or a couple of days to write up. You need time to promote your blog, engage with your readers, time to reply to comments, time to visit and comment other blogs, time to build up your blog and keep it up to date.
3. HEART NOT IN IT - If you're heart isn't into blogging, if your heart isn't into taking photos, if your heart isn't into writing then there is really no point in your starting a blog. Is there? To be a blogger, you need to enjoy it. You can't be successful in something what your hear isn't into.
4. YOU'RE NOT PATIENT - Let's be honest, page views and gaining readers doesn't come overnight. Just like loosing weight, you can't loose a stone over night (that would be great though!). You need to work for it. You need to promote your blog. If you started your blog as a hobby and you want to work on it harder to work with PR's then again, you need pa tient. They will come to you eventually. Put in as much hours as you can into your blog. If you're not a patient person, then blogging might not be for you.
5. NO IMAGINATION - Every blogger needs some kind of imagination to write posts. It's always good to have some kind of humour in some posts that you write. A bloggers mind works 24/7, trust me! If you have no thoughts for content for your blog then starting a blog may not be for you.
Writing all that above, let me just state that you don't have to be a professional photographer, you don't even have to be a great photographer either. As long as you have a camera or a phone with a good camera, that is good enough! You will more than likely gain more readers if you have photos on most of your blog posts.
Do you have any other tips?