I love a Welsh Cake with a cup of tea. Especially in the mornings. I spread so much butter on them. They're delicious. The other day I fancied baking something different. So I decided to look for recipes. I found a Welsh Cake recipe. I honestly can't remember which website I got it from, but the recipe is below. It was so easy to do. Not much mess and you only need the basics!
225g Plain Flour
85g Caster Sugar
0.5 tsp of Baking powder.
1 Egg, beaten.
Splash of milk.
1. Put the flour, sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
2. Rub in the butter until crumbly.
3. Mix in the currants.
4. Work egg into the mixture.
5. Mix with your hands until a soft dough. (may be sticky)
6. Add milk if it is too dry.
7. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.
8. Cut into circles. Make sure the height is roughly the same as your finger tip of your little finger.
9. Put a little bit of butter onto a frying pan.
10. Fry your welsh cake on a medium heat, 3 minutes each side.