You may have noticed that I have recently started back at my local Slimming World group. After loosing 3 and a half stone by last Christmas, I fell off the wagon when I came back home from Thailand. I gained nearly 2 stone so I decided to take a break and try it at home. I had some good and bad days. I finally had the urge and courage to start back again. 3rd time lucky (I hope!). There are many Slimming World meals I enjoy and here are just some of my favourites.
Chicken curry with rice and chips
1. Cook chicken, add onions. 2. Put into pan then add chopped tomatoes, curry powder, a little bit of garlic (choice) and chicken stock cube. (Chips receipe at the bottom). Serve with anything you fancy.
Mushy Pea Curry (Doesn't sound very nice, but it's lovely!)
1. Fry chicken and onions. 2. Add to new pan then add mushy peas, baked beans, chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock cube. 3. Add curry powder. 4. Mix well and serve with rice.
Gammon, egg, chips, pineapple and mushy peas
Simply cook all as normal. Cut fat off gammon and use Fry Light to fry the eggs.
Big Mac in a bowl
1. Fry extra lean mince with onions and mushrooms (choice). 2. Add gherkins (choice) 3. Add thousand island dressing 4. Serve on top of iceberg lettuce
1. Cook spaghetti as instructed on packet 2. Fry extra lean mince with onions and mushrooms 3. Add garlic (choice), chopped tomatoes, beef stock and seasonings (oregano)
Chips and Cheeseburger
Cook chips as normal (see below). Use wholemeal bap (Healthy extra B), Cheese slice (syn it or Healthy extra A). Slimming World burger from Iceland
Pasta and tomato sauce
1. Cook pasta as instructed 2. Once pasta cooked, add chopped tomatoes, onions, basil, garlic and oregano seasoning.
1. Cook all veg until soft 2. Add all together then add vegetable/chicken stock and some seasoning if wanted then blend and serve
1. Cook beef 2. Cook all vegeatables (carrots, swede, onions, leeks and potatoes) 3. Add all together then add beef stock, stir until hot and serve.
1. Peel and cut potatoes into chips shape
2. Lay them on pan and spray with fry light (feel free to season them)
3. Oven at temp 190 for 20 mins
4. Turn over half way through
Simple and easy!
You can find out more food inspiration over on my Instagram page here