Welcome To The World... {The Birth Story}

I honestly can not believe I am writing this post right now. I have been wanting to write it for a few days but I've honestly not had the time to sit down and blog. The past week has been very unexpected, especially Saturday the 16th of July. The day our family was completed, the day I gave birth to my baby boy, Freddie George.

When I was 37 weeks + 4 days pregnant I was given my first sweep. I had a few twinges, tightenings and loosing my mucus plug and a bit of my show, other than that nothing else happened. I had a second sweep at 38 weeks 1 day pregnant, again, nothing happened. I went in for my last appointment at the hospital at 38 weeks 4 days and I asked for one last sweep before my induction date on the 18th of July. The doctor said yes and I had one done. I honestly didn't think anything of it 3rd time round and had planned a full on weekend of cleaning before getting induced on the Monday at 39 weeks.

Saturday morning the girls had a lie in until roughly 7.45-8am. At around 8.30am I started getting pains like a bad period type pain. I didn't think anything of it because I had been having a few pains during the week but nothing else happening as the pains were too far apart. Getting later into the morning I was still having the pains and I did think that something was happening, but slowly happening. I really wanted to tidy the living room and get a clothes wash on but I kept having the pains.

I ended up tidying and hoovering the living room but stopped a few times because I felt the pains just getting stronger. After tidying I decided to go on the ball, it didn't really help ease the pain. I was still in a little denial that this was the start of something because I had put my hopes up high during the whole pregnancy that I wanted to go into labour myself instead of planned induction. I phoned the hospital saying my pains were every 5 or so minutes and lasting 30-60 seconds. She told me to phone back when my pains were closer together and stronger, reduced movements or if my waters break

Mia was in her Dad's and my partner took Elliw out for a bit so I had some lunch but lost my appetite. My partners mother came to visit not long before my partner and Elliw arrived back home. My pains were getting stronger, longer and closer together. I wasn't able to keep a conversation or concentrate when the pains were coming. My partners mother told me to phone hospital and so I did. I also phoned because there were reduced movements. I phoned up and she asked me to go in so I could be monitored.

My partners mother took Elliw and me and my partner got everything ready to go to hospital which is about a 20-30 minute car ride. The minute my partners mother left the house my pains were getting stronger and a lot more closer together. I was struggling to walk and I couldn't keep in my tears any more. They hurt so bad. The whole car journey was extremely uncomfortable. As we were getting nearer they were getting even stronger and I was feeling so much pressure down below. I was finding it very uncomfortable to sit down and I was dreading the walk to the assessment unit. When I got out the car I was holding onto my partner and I had to stop a couple of times because the pains were so bad and I couldn't walk.

I finally arrived at the assessment unit about 5.20pm. There was only one midwife working and the phone kept ringing so I was standing in the waiting room for a bit. The midwife finally came and she saw that I was in pain. She took me to a bed and closed the curtains for privacy. She knew I wasn't able to to lie down to monitor so she checked baby's heartbeat with a smaller monitor. His heart was beating away perfectly. She had to phone another midwife to take me straight to labour ward.

When the other midwife arrived, I walked slowly to the room and the minute I went into the room my waters broke. It was such a strange feeling. It was massive gush and went all over the floor. My partner and midwife had to help me get on to the bed and take my bottoms off ready. I finally had gas and air but it only worked a bit and I was in agony pain. The contractions were so strong.

I had a big urge to push, so I did. I then heard the midwife telling another midwife that I was pushing but baby's head was still pretty high. I then honestly thought I was heading for a long labour. But I was wrong. After arriving at hospital at 5.20pm, I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy at 5.58pm.

My baby boy was put on me and me and my partner just burst into tears. We finally had our boy. A son. Our little boy. It was such a special moment.

Welcome to the world Freddie George. 

Weighed 9lbs 2oz and 53cm long. Born on 16th July 2016 at 5.58pm.


  1. Aww! Congratulations!
    I love reading birth stories. Yours is a good one. hehehe What a quick entrance into the world.
    I hope you are both doing well now x

  2. So beautiful and a gorgeous name! Congratulations lovely, I just had my second 6 weeks ago it's still a whirlwind, I admire you with three.


  3. Congratulations lovely, I can't believe little Freddie has finally arrived still - he seemed to be taking his sweet time! He's absolutely beautiful and you can see how blissfully happy you are. I'm next though, ahh! Thanks for linking up to #MarvMondays. Kaye xo

  4. Aww congratulations!!So happy for you all xx

  5. Oh wow, huge congratulations! What an amazing story and what a beautiful baby boy. My little boy arrived 12 weeks ago and am already finding him so different to his big sister, boys are fab :-)
    Hope you're doing well and have a speedy recovery. http://frillyprettythings.com #bestandworst

  6. Congrats! Such beautiful pictures, it's so easy to forget how tiny they are to start with :) #bestandworst

  7. Wow I bet the hospital were pleased with you - half an hour after arriving baby was there! Well done. It sounds like a pretty brilliant birth experience :) gorgeous pictures, love the one of his toes. Baby feet are so cute! And big sister looks pleased bless her. #bestandworst

  8. Aww congratulations!! Gorgeous photos :)
    I've just written mine up... I also went into labour after my third sweep... And I thought mine was quick until I read yours! Xx

  9. Ah lovely! Congratulations x #marvmondays

  10. Ahhh congratulations, what a lovely labour story. Love that last picture, captures the moment perfectly. Thanks for linking up to the #bestandworst and also stopping by from #marvmondays

  11. Welcome to the world Freddie! Congratulations to you all. It's so lovely to read a positive birth story and how quick was that. Beautiful photos. Thank you for linking up to the #dreamteam X


I appreciate every comment left on this site.
I do kindly ask no advertising brand websites. If you would like to know more about working together or just a friendly chat, please email me:
Thank you