Summer Holidays - Week One

A whole week has passed by so quickly. Last summer was a pretty boring one for the girls because we were mostly indoors as I had not long given birth to Freddie. I promised myself that I would make this summer better than last and so far it's been better. Although most days I feel like pulling my hair out by the end of the day, or even early mornings, we have been getting up to quite a lot. But, some days have been so lovely all three have behaved so well.

Before the girls broke up for the school summer holidays I remember telling myself that I can't wait until school is over. Mainly because I didn't have to rush around for the school run and at that time Freddie would normally go back to sleep around 6-7am and wake up around 8am - this didn't happen every morning, though. I thought I would get a small lie in most mornings, but I haven't had one since they broke up from school. In fact, we have all been getting up and downstairs by either 6.15 am or 7am. We've also been out of the house by 9 most mornings. This has helped my mood and the kids' moods. As Freddie doesn't go down for a nap until 10.30am, it feels like the hours just drag in the mornings after we have had breakfast. So, we have been going out for early morning walks and it's been lovely.

We've been really lucky with the weather. Except for one or two days where it was raining quite a bit. However, we have been busy the other days. On Tuesday we went on the train with my partners Mam and the girls absolutely loved it. They had never been on a proper big train before, so they were super excited. We got the train at Porthmadog to Pwllheli, which was about 20 minutes, so not too long. We went out for lunch in Pwllheli, went to a couple of shops and bought the girls a treat each. We went back on the train to Porthmadog and we all had an ice cream before heading back home. It was such a lovely day and it's made me make more plans to go on a train with the girls. I've got two train trips planned for the next couple of weeks, I need to find other routes I'm able to do with the kids by myself.

On Wednesday my Dad came over and it's always nice for a catch up when he comes over as I don't see him as often as I'd like. I should start learning to drive and try to pass my test, though. He offered to have all three kids for me Friday afternoon so I could do some work as I had complained there weren't enough hours in the day and I get absolutely shattered in the evenings when I actually have the time to do a good amount of work, but struggle with the tiredness. It was a nice feeling that he offered.

A friend of mine, and mother to my nephew, came over Thursday and the girls were super excited. It was lovely having them over. All the kids had tea together and the girls love them both coming over. I must say she is the girls' favourite Aunty! Again, a lovely day.

Friday was a little different for us all. The weather was pretty rubbish as it was raining on and off all day. We managed to get out in the morning for a small walk before the bad weather started. My Dad came over around 2pm and took the kids out until 6pm. He took them to my Nain and Taid's house who they love to see. I managed to get a few things done which was a bonus.

On a Saturday my partner was working again, and Mia was in her Dads. Elliw, Freddie and I met up with a close friend and her kids. We hadn't seen them for a long time and so it was nice for us all to have a catch up. We went for a walk down the local cycle track near us and went to the cafe for an ice cream and snack. It was such a beautiful afternoon, the weather was so lovely and we had lovely company too. They came back to ours for an hour or so where the kids played and we had a hot cuppa.

That Saturday evening, my partner and I had the evening, night and following morning to ourselves. It felt so strange but nice at the same time. We went out for a walk and a meal, just the two of us as Freddie and Elliw went to their Nain's house for the night. Mia was still in her Dad's until the Sunday evening. It was Freddie's first night away from us and he was perfectly fine. After all the worrying I had done, I was so pleased he settled well. You can read more about our date night here.

Sunday was a pretty boring day. Seeing as I had a morning with no kids I decided to make it my work day. I haven't had a full day where I just work so I thought I'd make Sunday that day. My partner went to pick the kids up early afternoon after Freddie's nap and lunch. Mia came back late afternoon and that was that. A pretty boring day in the house. Looking back, I wish I had taken them out for a small walk atleast.

Something I want to make sure of next week? Charge my camera and take it out. I have forgotten to use my camera and have been using my phone to take photos.

What did you get up to in the first week of the school holidays?

No comments

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment left on this site.
I do kindly ask no advertising brand websites. If you would like to know more about working together or just a friendly chat, please email me:
Thank you